Sunday, October 18, 2009

Travel Prep

I am starting to see the light at the end of the preparation tunnel for the Philly Ride. It is down to the last minute stuff: I am about to apply the last coat of tape to the custom trike box, I just printed out my boarding pass and the last load of laundry is almost done, the packing is almost complete!

Next week is going to be nuts. I arrive in Philly at 9pm and I am staying at Jen Farmer's (FARA Executive Director) house. If I feel up to it I would like to try to assemble the trike that night because we need to have it with us for a taping for a TV show on Tuesday morning (details and airtimes will come in the next couple days). Tuesday evening Felicia (FARA Program Manager) and I are going to visit an Outback Steakhouse team who will be helping us with the ride and without them the ride would not go on. The next few days will be a firedrill of last minute details for the ride along with hanging out with Philly friends that I haven't seen for a while. Then THE RIDE is on Sunday! I am stoked that we have so many participants (around 200!) and I am crossing my fingers for good weather. The weather will be a small factor in the success of the ride. We will ride with purpose no matter what Mother Nature throws our way! See you there!

1 comment:

Spinner said...

..."We will ride with purpose no matter what Mother Nature throws our way!"... Have a GREAT ride, I'll be with you in Spirit - maybe I will get my act together for one of your CA rides!